1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon dry active yeast
1 cup lukewarm water
2. Add sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups of flour
3. Mix and knead until smooth. Use remaining flour during kneading
4. Form into ball and let it rise in a greased bowl for an hour or until double in bulk.
5. Punch down and divide it into 24 portions
6. Roll each portion into a 10 inch cylinder and twist like a rope
7. Let stand for 30 minutes or until double in size.
8. Fry in deep hot oil until golden brown
9. Roll on white sugar or you can use cinnamon sugar too( good for diabetics)
|waiting to be deep fried|
|Rolled with white and cinnamon sugar made by my kids|