This is what the Lord says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:16, 18-19 NIV-Biblegateway
Other countries had already celebrated their New year, but here in the US it will be in a few hours. 2014 is another year of opportunity to learn, grow and experience joy, love, happiness, trials and challenges. For me 2014 is another year to serve my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, it's another year to enjoy life with my family, church family and friends and whatever else the Lord wills to happen.
As I sit here on the couch, I ponder how my 2013 was and how God has blessed me and my family. This year has been a combination of joy and sadness for me, but at the end I choose to praise and thank God because I believed on His Sovereignty over my life. Whatever happened, happens for a reason because God allowed it to happen for His glory and for my good. I may not understand what goodness a circumstances brings but I can trust God that He cares and loves me.
- My mom passed away January, it was sad to lose someone who was my spiritual mentor, best-friend, great listener and adviser, the one who brought me into this world. I so miss her but I know that she is with the Lord for eternity and I will see her again someday.
- Due to the passing away of my mom, I was able to visit Philippines, spent 2 weeks with my family there. Someone also paid my plane ticket (round-trip), what a blessing. Although I didn't like spending my vacation this way but I just looked at the bright side.
- Month of June, we had our new addition in the family, my 3rd son who brings us so much joy for being a happy and healthy baby.
- I quit the job that I so loved and enjoyed so I can take care of my children. I miss working at the Vision Center, but my children's welfare are more important. They grow fast and someday soon I might be back working.
- I started blogging this year and so far it is doing great. I enjoyed meeting bloggers around the world and get updates of their travels and other things.