Carrot with Butternut Squash Puree
What you need:
2 cups chopped carrot
2 cups chopped butternut squash
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cup water
- Roast the peeled and chopped carrots and butternut squash for 45 minutes in 425 °F.
- After roasting, let it cool for few minutes before blending.
- Place the roasted vegetables on a baby food blender, add 1/2 cup water, pumpkin pie spice and start blending. During blending you can add a small amount of water until you reached your preferred consistency of the puree. Do not add too much water or else it will turned into juice.
- When you are done blending, put the puree on ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- Once the puree is frozen, remove it from the tray and put it in a Ziploc bag. Write a label for puree's name and date it was made.